It's been a while since I counted up Drew's words, so I thought I'd make a list for myself (and future baby book records - not to mention to prove to the doctor that he does not have a "hearing problem".)
First words:
"No, no, no" (All the while wagging his finger and laughing)
"Daw" (Dog, at first it was "ha ha")
"Go go go" (I'm going to crawl really fast - pretend to chase me so I can turn around and crawl back and give you a kiss)
"Hi"
Signs
Tapping on tray (Ready to eat - bring it on!)
Clapping (Good job)
Recent additions:
"Light"; "Pup"; "Cracker"; "Ball"; "Car"; "Juice"; "Touch"; "Duck"; "Tow-ey" (Toy)
"A-peach-a-peach-a-peach" (Peach)
"Whoa-whoa-whoa"
"Da-da"; "Beeby" (Baby); "Be-be" (Bye bye)
"Gape" (Grape); "Cheese"
"Close" (Followed by closing and opening door repeatedly and giggling)
"Ooooo" (If accompanied by spinning in circles: 'Happy'. Or bouncing up and down in crib:"Good morning")
"Uh-oh" ("I dropped my cup on purpose can you pick it up so I can drop it again?")
"Choo" (Train)
"Kix" (Cereal)
"Hgggg" (Throaty noise that also means 'Yuck')
"Nose" (Accompanied by pointing to his, my or Doug's nose)
"Ear"; "Push"; "Off"; "That" (What is that?)
"Eemo" (It's very slight, but I'm fairly certain he's saying 'Elmo')
1 comment:
Yes, keep a list, because I blurted that Sophia knew 20 words (thinking at first that was a lot) and got a learning disability lecture.
She knows more than 20. Don't put yourself through that conversation! It was dreadful.
Post a Comment