25 September 2011

playing pretend

I remember playing "house" and "store" with my cousins and actually feeling like we were in a real place - someplace other than in the front yard or the play room. Drew has started this phase and hopefully it will continue until Miriam can play along!

The other day Drew decided we need to go out and look for "fish". He said we were both witches and had to put on our "witch hats". We do not have any witch hats, but he let me know I would be the cowboy witch and he would be the pirate witch. We then proceeded to go to the "woods" (our backyard) to look for the fish.

Another fun play time was when he came across Christmas stickers with an appropriately dressed snowman. Drew HAD to put on his winter coat, mittens, hat and boots. He came across a Christmas gift bag and headed out to the backyard again to play in the 100 degree heat.

Other funny sayings:
- You're a genius mommy! I'm a genius too!
- Ehh, what's up doc!?
- Ehh, what 'cha cookin'? Rabbit stew?
- Stop it balloon! You're in time-out!
- 9, 10, 11, 13, 13, 13...Daddy? Oh no! Daddy is lost!
- Couldn't have done it without you, Mommy!
- Hello, Mommy! I'm off to fix the table. Now, where is my hammer? (while carrying toolbox and wearing a cowboy hat)
- Drew: Mommy, you make the ants cry. Me: Why? Drew: You make them sick. Me: How? Drew: The food makes them sick. (fire ant poison...oops! at least he is compassionate)
- Mommy, do you want to be a pumpkin for Halloween?
- Drew: My belly button hurts. Me: Why does it hurt? Drew: Because I want to get out of the car.
- What's that sound? Daddy tooted. No doubt about it!
- For his birthday, he requested a pirate party with an elephant pinata.

No comments: