17 December 2010

crafting

Drew and I ventured our first full-on craft time yesterday. He paints or draws almost every day, but we've never walked around the house scavenging for things to use as crafts. We gathered paper plates, cotton balls, buttons and felt. Can you guess what we made? A snow man and a Santa! It was really challenging for me to stop jumping in to tell him how to do things. I tried to ask where he wanted glue and if the snowman should have a nose...

In the end it was a true joint effort. Drew's big contributions were the glue blobs, miscellaneous button placements on the snowman's hat and rainbow skin colors. He also helped "fluff" the cotton balls (once I glued them on, he proceeded to pull them off). Santa's nose changed colors several times, ending as a blue cotton puff.

All in all, it was a success. As soon as he woke this morning he ran into the kitchen asking to making another craft - this time he wanted to make a GIANT! One step at a time, big man...

We also had a dance party yesterday to Mommy's version of Jingle Bell Rock. His Aunt Amy would have been impressed. Can you tell I'm trying to cut back his TV habits?

No comments: