So, I stole this (click on the photo for the link) off a friend's blog because it's a good reminder for how to parent well. While neither Doug nor I will ever have a pony in our backyard (I suppose that's the point, right, the kids imagine it) at least one of us (Doug) will always be reading. More likely I will be cleaning. I will not always be able to leave my kids alone for four hours straight, but maybe I'll realize that some of the time they will be able to entertain themselves. Learned creativity. Give them the right toys or the simple ones and they will create a world of their own. I love it. It's simple. Those Brits must really know what they are doing.
12 comments:
Congrats!
That is wonderful! Congrats from me too.
Thanks! :) We're pretty excited about the newest Connolly to come.
I'm going to be an AAAAUNT! Just can't wait. Here's to your child not being born on the bathroom floor as the author wrote.
Tricky balance between self-entertainment and parental intervention (right term?) This is definitely something I concern myself with, probably too much. Although, if you came to our house to visit, Carter would quickly wrangle you into a cops and bad guys game, as you guys run away from and then chase down the bad guys. A mix of involvement and imaginative play.
Here is comes, sis! This will be your life. :)
Ugh, let's definitely avoid the bathroom floor or anything that involves giving birth without drugs. I'm not as tough as some women out there... :)
And of course I would love to be part of the creative process - Carter is the perfect example.
Hey! It's me, Stephanie! Congrats! How exciting. I just found your blog through your sister's who just left a comment on mine.
Got to love the internet!
Hope all is well!
HOLY MOLY!!Congrats to you!!!
I am very happy for you.
Holy Moly definitely came to my mind a few weeks ago. :) Can't wait!
Blog tag.
I'm really bad about updating my facebook page. It actually overwhelms me so I avoid it.
Sophia was born December 9th, 2007. What a life changing experience but oh, we love her so much!
Jess, Congrats! Mike and I wish you the best!
Yeah drugs! hee hee!
CONGRATULATIONS! Seems like only yesterday you were a bachelorette, and just look how far you've come since we met! I'm so excited for you. And hey at least you'll have a comfy couch to sit on while you're pregnant!
Post a Comment